Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Home again and catching up

Haven't really done that much today to be honest. I tidied round the bedroom and started sorting out a few bits and pieces of clothes and suchlike. Also managed to get a couple of loads of washing done and the rest of my time was spent pootling about doing not a lot.

Got in about half six last night and just dumped the bags, so I had to go through them to get stuff I needed and shoved all the dirty in the wash. Tomorrow morning's plan is to get all the clean out of the living room, which is resembling a chinese laundry right now, and get it into some sort of semblance of order before my sis comes to visit. She's only dropping in for the day on her way to SOU, but it will be good to see her for however long. Got a lot to catch up with since we've not had a really good chat for a few months.

Gah... just realised it's halloween tomorrow and I have nothing in. I really ought to get some sweeties for the little bas... erm... darings that will come knocking on my door demanding "trick or treat"... So Americanised. I hate it. I still remember the days of actually doing stuff to get sweeties (that's SWEETIES folks, not candy. Wrong side of the pond here to get all American). Anyone else mourn the days when kids sang a wee song or something to get something, even if it was just an apple? I bet if I was giving out apples tomorrow, there would be disappointed faces. Bah humbug... Might lock myself in my sewing room with my music playing instead...

Ah well, suppose it might be good to make a start on shifting stuff out of the living room. It won't be tidying itself, although how cool would it be if it did? I mean seriously...

Ahhh, pipe dreams of a self-cleaning house... The person who invents one will be a millionaire in 5 seconds flat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wild Cat said...

welcome home x

9:24 pm  
Blogger Me said...

Thank you :)

It's good to be home, unless you count the housework! Im on a mission to de-clutter. Wish me luck! lol

11:05 pm  
Blogger sims said...

Heh, I'd Lava up your windows, but good...

In case it doesn't translate:

http://www.wd40.com/Brands/lava_product_info.html

4:08 am  
Blogger Angel - Having a Nemesis said...

Meh. I've never heard of Lava before and my house will survive.

Maybe not the zombie invasion....but that is a chance I will just have to take.

7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home