Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Update

Well, I haven't posted in a while, so what's been doing since then... Let me think...

Himself and I had a bit of a row following the last post (predictable, since I was still majorly frustrated after writing it) but the end result seems to have settled a lot of dust. I said some things, he said some things, we yelled at each other, nothing got really resolved (normal) but the air got cleared.

I finished work. The last week of getting up at half seven in the morning I was mildly euphoric, which spilled into the home life. A good thing, because I've been laughing and joking with himself lately rather than biting his head off. Well, that proves one thing: My work was a major factor in the whole disgruntled me thing. Now I'm an unemployed bum (please read "Self employed and considering a career in Stepford Wife" here) and so far enjoying it.

A couple of weekends ago we had the parents over. My parents that is... The ones that live miles away. Dad drove down (mum can't drive now, since she's half-blind) and they arrived four hours earlier than planned. I hadn't finished the mad rush tidy job, but meh... They didn't mind too much. The living room was at least tidy and they spent some time in the garden. On the Sunday, the three of us went to Southampton to meet up with my sis and we had lunch.

Not just lunch...

We had lunch on the QE2. Impressed? I was... The ship is gorgeous. I wished that I'd been going away on the next cruise. I still do. Trans-Atlantic to Quebec, then Halifax, Boston, New York, St. Johns, then back to Southampton. My parents are currently living it up on the other side of the Atlantic with my sister, living in luxury on board one of the last "proper" cruise liners left.

Anyway... I shall put my jealousy back in its box...

On Friday I had my hospital appointment with the gynae people. I'm sure I blogged that I was to be allowed a hysterectomy before one of the surgeon's lackeys threw my world into disarray with the mention of IVF, and basically caused a load of mess with my head and my relationship with himself. The surgeon said that I had never been offered it and that it would be dangerous and stupid to consider it. He needs a word with his team. Anyway... I'm not getting one of them. I'm getting Endometrial Ablation instead, which apparently should solve my problems. I say "should" but I know what my body can be like sometimes. Awkward thing that it is.

So... All sounding peachy so far? HA! Right. It's not that straightforward.

I have to have an injection a month before the op. Basically it will shut down my ovaries, which will mean I'll get menopausal symptoms. You know, hot flushes, night sweats, the whole nine yards, as well as the off hormonal outbursts.

We know it's coming. I'm going to do my best to keep it all in check, because otherwise I will end up taking it all out on himself, which isn't fair. However, we both know what's coming, so we might have a chance of getting through the worst of it without throwing things and yelling at each other. I'm going to try and take out my energy on housework instead of himself.

Talking of housework, I mentioned the Stepford Wife thing. I decided it would possibly be best if I didn't try to find another job straight away. It would be a bit unfair to prospective employers to take me on then have me off with hospital visits and so on, so I'm going to remain unemployed for the time being. Well, technically unemployed as I shall be concentrating on sewing. I have a dress to make for a friend as well as a dance dress to make for C's competition in March. Plenty of time for me to get practice in with new material and new techniques. I have the pattern and material already for both projects, so that's all sorted. I also bought a load of wool for knitting baby blankies, which is my staple for the evenings. I'm also going to be doing the Stepford thing...

Over the next few weeks I plan to gut, clean, tidy, rearrange and generally get this house into something approaching neat and homely. That might also include a lick of paint here and there, but I'm sure I can manage.

First thing to do is the kitchen. I started cleaning it, but got distracted by Season 2 DVD box set of House. I've finished that, so I can get the radio out, and get on with turning my kitchen into an ultra clean, neat, tidy, everything where it should be space. Now I have my shelves, that will be easier to accomplish. After that it will be a blitz on the bathroom, and then the living room. Dining room will follow that (which will help with the kitchen stuff because I want to move plates into the sideboard) and then the bedrooms. Well, one bedroom, one computer room and one sewing room.

So... Onward and upwards. I'm hoping that the sewing gig can take over as my source of income, as it's something I enjoy doing. I'm probably not going to make a huge amount of cash out of it, but it will hopefully keep me ticking over with enough there to have fun as well. Plus it means I can be home doing the housework, washing, cooking, cleaning and generally keeping the place in the state I am about to get it to.

Right... Time to go put on some scaggy cleaning clothes and get on with the kitchen. Wish me luck...

3 Comments:

Blogger Angel - Having a Nemesis said...

With an abelation, there is still a chance, albeit extremely remote and slim (according to my doctor, since he has been chatting about this), that you can have children in the future. Of course, that is from a perfectly healthy uterine environment to begin with....so it is a bit like taking nothing from nothing if the percentages are slim to begin with.


Per normal, I hate your sister.

5:12 pm  
Blogger Me said...

Yeah... She's a total bitch... Sends me mail telling me how horrid it all is with the gourmet food, luxurious surroundings and evenings of decadent pleasure...

You do know that if she asked, we would both be there right now...

As for kids... I got over that one.

11:35 pm  
Blogger Angel - Having a Nemesis said...

I've got a bag packed and ready. Just in case.

7:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home