Friday, August 17, 2007

That was then...

This is now...

What a week it's been. Work has been slow. Days pass like racing snails. The evenings on the other hand, the time I have to myself, just seems to disappear.

What have I done this week... Hmmm

Last night I was out all evening. First at fat club (nearly a stone gone so far and working on it, but not really very good at sticking to the eating plan...) then out at the dancing.

For those who were paying attention, I decided to go learn to jive. So I went... I've been going for almost two months, with a break while I was off at Beltring. I started just going on a Thursday, then decided that going on a Tuesday as well might be a good idea. I can't drive, so kept having to scrounge lifts from people. I gave that up as a bad idea this week, after spending too much on taxis when lifts dropped out. Now I cycle.

So... fifteen minutes of cycling followed by dancing from eight till eleven, then another 15 minute cycle back home again. If I'm not fit (and thinner) by the end of this, I'm going to cuss.

I really need to get on and do some sewing, but I find myself sat in front of the computer yet again writing this stuff. I have a dress to make for a girl at work, as well as another dress to make for a friend. After that I have some baby bits to do before I can even think of getting on and making myself another skirt for my dancing. Which is a bit of a sod by the way, because the lovely skirt I made for dancing just before I went away no longer fits me. Well, it does, just, as long as I don't mind a skirt that sits on my hips.

Ah well, I've persuaded a friend to take up jiving too, so that at least I will have one person to dance with come next year's Beltring. Maybe I can enlist a few more to the cause before then... We shall see...

3 Comments:

Blogger Wild Cat said...

Just saying 'HI!' x

5:09 pm  
Blogger sims said...

Sounds like you're out there living life, and getting a little cardio all at once. It's paying off for sure, Mum.

6:30 pm  
Blogger Angel - Having a Nemesis said...

Why on earth you still haven't deleted the comments from the whore is beyond me.

In other (not so snide) news....further to what I had brought up to you the other day...go see JennifersJewels.etsy.com. Cheap, willing to work with the buyer, screams buckets of fun for you! Anyway, drop an email my way, we shall discuss more.

6:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home