Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bah humbug

I knew there was a reason I didn't make adult-sized stuff. Now I remember. It's a pain in the ass.

I've been trying to make a dress for a girl at work. I'm currently having a break before I do something silly to it. Two attempts so far to stitch a piece that's about two inches long, and as I unpicked it for the second time, I just got so annoyed. Why do the pattern makers make things damn near impossible to stitch without catching other bits of material or going right off the stitching line? It's a nightmare. It was going so well up to that point as well, and now I'm in no mood to sew, let alone do anything else.

Too many late nights have finally caught up with me I think, on the weekend when I have too much to do and not enough time to do it in. I even managed eight hours sleep last night, which was probably the worst thing for me to do at this point. After doing fine on about 6 hours max for the last few weeks, the lay-in of an extra two hours has put me right out.

Plus the lack of caffiene.

I really should think about mainlining espressos. Failing that I shall go and make myself a really strong cup of coffee and sit and glare at my sewing machine over the rim of the cup. I normally drink diet pepsi. I used to drink coke, but switched to diet to lessen the sugar intake. Unfortunately, I think diet coke tastes disgusting. All I can taste is the sweetner and nothing else, so I drink diet pepsi instead, because at least, to me, that has a flavour that isn't just pure aspartame. Well, I would drink it if I had any. I don't. Himself, who "doesn't like" it, still seems to manage to force it down his neck, leaving me pepsi-less. We do have diet coke in the house, which is what he drinks, but I'm damned if I'm going near it. I may be suffering from a lack of caffiene, but I'd rather have the headaches and grumpiness than the evil taste of that in my mouth.

So today I am definitely grrrr about sewing and grrr about lack of caffiene. Time to go put the kettle on and drink hot drinks on a hot day and then get on with trying to get this bloody dress made. It's a Vogue, one of the Vintage patterns. All I can say is that ladies who made those dresses back when they were new either had a lot more patience or skill than me. Or were masochists. I'm going with that option.

Right, time to go and stab pins into some material with all the venom I can muster, and then calmly give up and hand stitch the bloody thing instead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home