Monday, August 28, 2006

Life got busy.

Well, so much for humdrum... I should really learn to keep quiet.

Last week I was in Wales for a few days visiting friends. I ended up going swimming three times, and taking the dog and the kids for a walk up the mountain. We did about two or three miles. I think the dog did about twenty.

I've also been making new friends round the area through a website and have been out for coffee with some of them as well. It's great meeting new people, and I've definitely been enjoying being in new company. We are going to a party next month, so there will be more people to meet up with there. It's one thing to talk to people on the net, and quite another to meet in person, so it should be interesting finding out what the faces are like that go with the names on the screen.

I was also down seeing my sister a week ago today. Had lunch with her on board the cruise ship and had a tour round again, as she had one of her other friends there as well. She's still looking very relaxed and happy, which I am really pleased about. She comes off the ship next Sunday, so our parents are coming to me on Wednesday and staying till then. I now have the joys of trying to tidy up the house somewhat before they get here. I'm sure I'll manage to get the place looking respectable, or at least more respectable than it looks right now.

After they've gone down to pick up sis, I then have a couple of days to get my life organised again before I head off back to Wales again. My mate is going in for an op, and I have the time to go over to help with the kids while she's recovering. The good thing is that they are at school, so at least we won't have them screaming round the house all day! So Tuesday I go to Wales, Wednesday I have to be in London for a meeting in the evening, and then back to Wales again.

Tuesday this week I have to go see the Doc as well. I'm going to complain about my rubbish body and see if I can trade it in for a new one. I doubt they'll let me, but there's no harm in asking...

Actually I'm going to go and ask for a hysterectomy. I've had enough of sitting around getting moody for weeks while my period brews, then sitting being even more moody when it hits, then being stuck with it for weeks on end. I don't have any use for those bits really. I have no plans for kids, even if I could have them, and all they do is annoy me and leave me feeling washed out because of the hormones and all the rest of it. Apart from that, himself gets the short end of my temper, and it's not good for either of us.

It's something I've been thinking about for a while, although I have a sneaky feeling they will get tetchy about it because of my age. They apparently don't usually give hysterectomies to thirty-something, childless women just in case we change our minds later. I'm not going to change my mind. I already resigned myself to the fact that I can't have kids without some serious help and a slim chance of success, so I'd rather go without than go through all the waiting, hoping and probable disappointment. I just want rid of the mood swings, long periods and washed out feeling, as well as having to take copious amounts of tampons that I go through every time, and having them with me all the time just in case. I never know when they will appear, because the moodiness is always a few days, then when they do appear, they hang round for ages annoying me.

Well, we shall see what they say on Tuesday...

Another note for the diary is himself being poorly. Wee soul came down with food poisoning after a shopping trip to Camden with a friend yesterday. He was feeling so ill, he took today off work and just spent the day in bed. If he's still bad tomorrow, I'm going to strongarm him up to the hospital to get it checked out. He doesn't like being ill. He's terrible when he is, and I know he's really bad if he takes time off work. I've mostly left him in peace though, but kept an eye on him quietly, making sure he's ok.

He also started his own blog today. When I can remember how to link it, I will. He's very profound sometimes...

Anyway, I'm tired. Had a day in London yesterday and a night out last night. Got to bed around half four this morning, and we were back home before eleven this morning... Sleep is going to be a definite option in about ten minutes if I'm lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home