Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Slacking again...

Well, I've lost the tidying impetus. I'm slacking on the housework again. Part of me just doesn't know where to start and what to do with the stuff I start sorting to go out.

I've arranged with the neighbour that we can rent his mum's garage, which will definitely come in very handy. It means all the tentage, canvas, camping stuff and all that malarky can get stored in the garage so it's accessable and things like tables and benches can get worked on, stripped and revarnished, some of the canvas can get the mends done that it needs and so on. It also means that some of the boxes of stuff I fillet out from the house can get stored there too till they can be rehomed. I have a couple of friends who have just moved in together need some kitchen stuff, so they're welcome to the pots and pans and anything else I can get shot of out of my kitchen.

With any luck, he will also move a couple of big workbenches into the garage as well, freeing up the small spare room as well which I may see if I can get as my own work room for doing my christening gowns... In which case, he can leave me a workbench. All his tools will go into the shed when he gets it, since the canvas will now be going in the garage, and I might have some space to work in! Halleluia!

The only problem is that the garage we will be using is currently full of junk. The lads will have to take a few trips to the dump to get rid of it all so there's space for all the stuff that we will be puting in it. I don't know when himself is next off work to be able to get it done either, but I'm sure we can sort something out.

All that has just given me the push to go do something else about tidying and sorting out the war room so that it is in some sort of order before we start shifting stuff to the garage and currently non-existant shed. With any luck in a couple of months, I might have the house somewhat livable, and if I can persuade him that the war room would make an excellent work room for my business, it means all my stuff will then be out of the dining room as well. It just gets better and better really...

Next plan: Get all the contents of my French Box into the dishwasher and cleaned. Once that's all done it can get repacked, and that can go in the garage as well, and the three hob-top ovens I have under the stairs, and that will free up some space under there...

Oooh, I never thought that getting a garage would make me feel so excited about things, but it will mean I can get rid of a load of stuff without having to throw it all away. Bonus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home