Monday, August 14, 2006

Humdrum...

Everything is settling into tedium again. I keep applying for jobs, and so far have received no word back from any of them. I keep doing the washing only to find another pile of it accumulates within 24 hours of me thinking I'd done it all. I keep trying to tidy, but every time I clear a space, it gets filled up with more stuff that's being moved, sorted or just dumped for want of a better place to put it at the time. My business is going nowhere because I have no space to put the sewing machine or lay out large pieces of fabric and himself is on nights, which means me tiptoeing around all day trying not to disturb him.

Maybe I'm just tired. Lack of sleep is plaguing me again and I go to bed at nights and take an hour or two to get to sleep. Last night I gave in. At half past four this morning I got up, stripped the bed and threw it all in the laundry and remade it with all clean sheets and stuff. I tidied round the kitchen (again) then sat and had a bowl of cereal before going back to bed somewhere round six this morning. I was awake again about ten, tiptoeing about while himself got some well-deserved rest after a twelve hour night.

I think I'll go grab some supper and try to sleep. Maybe a nice big mug of hot chocolate will do the trick...

2 Comments:

Blogger sims said...

There are worse things than humdrum, as you undoubtedly know, Mum. I suspect things will be perking up for you sooner rather than later.

2:27 am  
Blogger Me said...

Heh... you're right. Things have picked up though, as you can see. So much so that I'm having trouble fitting in time to do things. Ah well, at least I'm not moping about at the lack of response on the job front.

1:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home