Monday, July 31, 2006

Insanity Rules!

Well, today just gets more and more odd... First the job interview and now... this...

A little back story first. Himself has been around the block a time or two and has a few ex-girlfriends littering around. One of the ex-girlfriends has been hovering in the background of our relationship for a while, and I have to say, I was none too impressed. Every so often she would text or ring him in trouble with her current bloke or her soon-to-be-ex-git/husband and himself, being the hero, would rush to her aid. Annoying much? I can tell you it pissed me off a time or two. I was in Wales at one point and rang him, not feeling very well, only to find he was with her. I hung up on him. He rang me back and we sorted it out, but I was less than impressed.

Anyway, himself comes home tonight to tell me that she had texted him earlier and he wanted to ring her. Something about her current bloke. I growled a bit, but being the nice person I am, said fine, he could ring her. He did. He ended up back on his computer while talking to her looking something up on the net...

So... I ask what's going on... I ended up talking to her on the phone. She's actually quite nice, surprisingly enough, and we got on rather well.

She's having a few problems with her bloke. Well, he's technically not her bloke. She's the bit on the side (hence me being so suspicious of her to start with) and she just found out that he was booked in with a Prostitute! Don't ask how she found out. Let's just say she's as suspicious as me. So she was rather gutted about the whole affair and wanted to lean on a shoulder. Himself got me involved, so she now has two shoulders, except mine is more devious.

I advised her to get shot of him, which she already intended to do, but she wasn't sure what to do really. I gave her a few tips when she said she was having him over after a series of texts where he apologised, said that he'd cancelled the pro, that he'd come to realise that he loved her... Pass the vomit bags out about now... and that he wanted to try and sort it out. She's going to sit there and listen to him, playing the hurt little woman for all she's worth, acting like she's going to forgive him, how she believes everything he says, then she's going to throw him out... Or that's the plan anyway. I told her to get an envelope and address it to his long-term partner and say she'd written a letter to her telling everything that had happened, just to scare the crap out of him.

Perhaps at this point it might be worth mentioning that he's cheating on his partner with himself's ex, booking a prostitute, and all just after his partner's mum died... by less than a week. Supportive? HA! I personally would love to be a fly on the wall... In fact, I'd love for Himself and I just to drop in (except she's miles away) so I can see what's so special about him that he thinks he can get away with being such a complete jerk.

Anyway, the upshot of the conversations with this girl is that I'm going over to see her, on my own, this weekend for the day, and we are going out Saturday Night for a bit of a laugh. She certainly seems very nice, which shocked the hell out of me enough for me to want to meet her and be looking forward to a night out, comparing notes on himself (yes, he's scared, VERY scared) and generally putting the world to rights. Himself will probably catch up with us after he's finished work and turn up to find us both grinning at him with that Look. It should be an interesting day really...

Am I insane for wanting to meet her? Am I mad because I'm actually finding her quite likable? Am I completely out of my mind for wanting to spend Saturday with her? Quite possibly, but then if I didn't do it, didn't meet her and didn't find out more about her, perhaps she would still be the shadow lurking behind himself's shoulder all the time, the unwanted guest that I'd not taken the time to get to know and just treated with suspicion. Then again, I might just be completely mad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home