Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's too hot...

Being a redhead, I do find excessive temperature a total drag. At the moment, I am finding it hard to find a cool spot anywhere in the house or outside, and I have loads of stuff I really should be doing, but just don't have the energy for it. I've done three loads of washing already and probably have about another 6 to do with all the stuff that we dragged back from the show. Because it's muggy too, the washing isn't drying out too fast either, which is a pain frankly.

Himself has been getting his fishtank sorted out. It's been cleaned and the new substrate is in, but even he is running out of energy to keep doing it. He's still thinking about what to stock it with, but we've had a few ideas so far. Losing a whole tank of fish is not fun at all, especially when it comes time to think about replacements for all the characters we lost. I'm sure we will get a new batch of characters though, and on the good side, the water will be clearer. It was fairly full of tanin from the wood and very murky, so fingers crossed it will be better now.

I'm also being very slack about getting my business going. It will be my only source of income, so I really should be getting on with it, but the heat is making me lethargic and I'm puting it off. I feel guilty as hell for sitting here doing this instead of getting on with advertising and making a few gowns, as well as getting pics done of the ones I already have. I will get to it though, once I can find my dining room under all the bags of stuff (mostly washing) that are currently littering it.

I've been invited over to Wales to stay with a friend for a couple of months as well, although I think it will just be weeks instead of months. She makes lace, so I'm planning on using her as a supplier for my business, which she seems happy about. I think the working holiday will do me some good, as I won't have too many excuses about not working, plus it gives her some company as she lives on her own at the moment. We get on really well, so a couple of weeks with her should be a good laugh. I may even get to drive some of her toys too... I already drove her jeep, but she also has a few big trucks that I'd love to get behind the wheel of... We shall see. I have a special gown to make in memory of our friend who passed away, so I shall probably be doing a big design for that one as soon as I see the material my mum has for me. I may pop up to Scotland for a few days to see the parents and pick up some stuff, then work on the design from there. It would be nice to see them again in any case.

Oh, for the record, here is my card...



If you want one of my gowns, drop me a line... I have some ready-made, and one to be made for a very good friend (you know who you are) which I will be doing as soon as the kitchen table can be found again. I'll get round to getting some pics done of the gowns I have and I'll get them on here at some point as well, so you can have a mooch through what I do for fun, and now to try and make a living (once I get my arse into gear).


2 Comments:

Blogger Angel - Having a Nemesis said...

I love the phrase "for babies and tiny ladies". I always meant to tell you that.

It's charming.

6:56 am  
Blogger Me said...

Why thank you *curtsies*

Actually, mum gave me the inspiration for that line, so I can't take all the credit there.

1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home