Saturday, July 18, 2009

Walking under ladders...

At the moment it feels like I'm spending my life walking under ladders while smashing mirrors...

First I couldn't go to Beltring because of the Idiot being there...

Now I can't go to Kelmarsh Hall, all of 30 miles from me, for a 17th Century event, because I'm totally skint. The Bear and I were supposed to be going there a week today, but given the current financial state of the pair of us, it's not happening.

Add to that the fact that I have to be up early tomorrow to take the cat to the vets as he is rather poorly, and it's all kind of getting a bit much.

OK, so the cat probably doesn't want to be sick, and it's not his fault. He does have a genetic condition that means he has problems with his bladder and crystals forming in his urine, and it now looks like there's crystals stopping him from having a proper pee. If it blocks completely, his kidneys will back up and poison him, and frankly, I don't want to lose my baby. Fortunately he's still able to pee a little, so the vet said it would be ok to leave till the morning. Even more fortunately, I qualify for free vet treatment, although I would pawn my soul if it meant making Mouse better. He may have to go on a prescription diet, which probably isn't going to be cheap... I will work out my finances to cope with that though, as it's an essential. People may think I'm mad for caring so much for my moggy, but he's my only family here, my best friend and he loves me. I'd be rather lost without him around.

I am annoyed however that once again I am unable to do something and go see my friends because of lack of finances while the Idiot is living it up in Beltring for a fortnight. No doubt he has plenty of food and alcohol to keep him going as well as probably buying lots of unneccessary, expensive crap. Perhaps I should send a message to him saying I want some cash. Bet I don't get any if I do tho.

Ah well. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but frankly, the only thing stopping me going completely nuts right now is the fact I have a house-guest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home