Thursday, July 02, 2009

News...

And now for the news...

First of all, a good surprise last night: Got home from being out for the day to find a letter from my solicitor waiting for me. The husband has finally agreed to go with my divorce in Birmingham court. At bloody last! I have to go along with the request not to ask him to pay costs, but it's a small price to pay to get things moving. I'm just happy that things seem to be finally coming to some sort of conclusion.

Secondly, I was out with the Bear yesterday. He had to pick something up that he'd bought on e-bay, and since we were about 20 miles from one of my friends' houses, we went for a visit. I've not seen them for 5 years, so it was a fantastic afternoon. We even went to the beach before coming home, although the sea was so far out you couldn't see it. That wasn't really a problem though, as we were at the beach. It was a great day.

In other news... I have my own net connection finally. I also have a froody wee netbook which is practically pocket sized, but absolutely fantastic. It means I can actually get sorted out and perhaps even get some work done in the way of writing. I started a book ages ago, so perhaps now would be the time to write some more of it. I can also cut the phone bills somewhat with any luck and chat to people by mail or on facebook instead of phoning. It's going to be very useful!

Ah well, just a wee one, because it's too hot to be sat indoors under a hot battery... I'm going to go try doing something productive...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely to chat to you tonight...you remain good company despite all lifes troubles. If you are ever passing by, a shared coffee would be pleasant (subject to agreement with Bear and anyone else)..

mjmmjm10

1:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home