Saturday, May 12, 2007

Postcard as promised.

I finally have a sewing room... Almost. Just need a tall enough chair because the desks are higher than a normal table. The good news is that a chair should be reasonably easy to lay my hands on from one of the DIY places around here, although there was a nice one in the Range last time we were in there.

Anyway, the postcard from Scotland: Weather good, food great. Music BRILLIANT. Had a lovely time. Wish you could have been there.

And now for the proper version...

The weather was scorchio. I even managed to get a sunburned nose after a day out to the beach, chucking stones in the water and making my freckles almost join up into a decent tan. The Jazz Festival was amazing, and I saw some top-named bands, like the Passadena Roof Orchestra (not bad, better on the CD), George Penman's Jazz Men, although George wasn't there through ill health. They were still good though. The best nights I reckon were the Deep River Quartet, who were ace, only topped by the night Kenny Ball played.

I've been listening to his music for what feels like my whole life. Mum had some of his singles, and I loved listening to them. I feel really privelaged to have been there to see him play, and best of all, I now have his autograph! I was so chuffed when my mate came back with my programme all signed by him, and then he played Midnight in Moscow, requested for me! Oh, it was a brilliant night!

It was grand being at home with the parents as well. Mum's a good cook, dad's good with the advice, and the pair of them together are a laugh. While I was there, our friend Katrin from Germany phoned to say she was in Scotland and could she come over. Of course she could! It was brilliant to see her again (last seen about 15 years ago) and we had an absolute scream. I laughed so hard when we were watching Shrek, mostly because of something said earlier on in the day, and the joke just carried so well into the scene where the frog and snake become baloons. It wouldn't be funny if I wrote it down, so I'll save it. You'd just think I was insane (or more than normal anyway).

Anyway, I'm home, and have been feeling a bit sorry for myself. Stupidly I decided to be lazy on Wednesday night and ordered a takeaway. I was throwing it back up again by 2am and spent the last two days with food poisoning. Lovely. I'm perkier today, but still not eating much. The last traces of the food poisoning are still lurking, but I'm trying to keep my fluids up and flush the system out a bit.

Ho hum... I'm idle for the evening I think. Nearly time to make another pot of tea anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home